For a Family Reunion Auction

ktmoomau

This weekend is my family reunion.  I am going to make banana cake and pepperoni rolls for eating there at the reunion.  BUT the second part of our reunion we have an auction to raise money for a scholarship for the family.  I am going to take canned pickles (dill and b&b ) and a can of salsa.  I am trying to think of other things I could either buy or make that might be a hit at the auction.  My family is full of pretty good cooks, and they also like to eat, so I think something I make could raise a little money.  I have also thought about buying some neat things and putting them into a basket.  The question is what- what do I have time to make this week or pick up and what would someone bid on.  This isn't a fancy auction, but my family has pretty good taste in food.  It also needs to be something that is fairly travel safe as it is a 3 hour drive down to the reunion.  I am good with cooler bags and etc though.

I thought about putting the pepperoni rolls in the auction and not having them to eat...  Anyway I could use a little help on ideas.  Thanks in advance.

Hey, I saw in another thread how much you like the Carolina Gold rice.  Find a source, buy in bulk, give up half to the family auction.

I buy it from Anson Mills and have always been satisfied.  Great suggestion.

Ok, so... my Charleston Gold rice and Charleston Plantation tea should be arriving at the house today.  It is going to be put into a basket that I call where I've been (Charleston and HHI represented by that part).  I am also going to put in some pickles from my MIL and some Virginia wine and maybe some Firefly farms cheese from Garrett County.  I apparently didn't buy a second bottle of Virgin Island hot sauce, and can't find it online.  I realized I haven't really been to many places this year compared to last, as of yet, but will probably catch up after India and Dubai in November.  

Then I am making a what I've been up to basket.  I remember a few years ago I made pesto in small containers that was a huge hit.  That basket will have my canned salsa, this zucchini spread: https://food52.com/recipes/23071-jennie-cook-s-zucchini-butter, homemade olive tapenade and homemade fava bean spread (ful).  I might add to it homemade foccacia if I can manage with the other baked goods (pepperoni rolls that I hope to get done tonight, banana cake- tomorrow).  Then I have a small little bag with some fun stuff I have from different charity events this year.  

This week has been so hectic at work.  I also needed to finish some new jewelry pieces to go into the gallery.  I have 3 done, but need a few more.  So will try to get that done today/tonight while I have dough rising.