Dirty Driving - A Mazda Miata Racer Pulls Off A Move "Of Dick Dastardly Proportions"

DonRocks

It looks like he did.  Without other evidence I'd say it was an error in judgement - a racing incident, not a deliberate move.  It could have been something as small as a surface imperfection bumping the car around, or a twitch of the driver's hands on the steering wheel.  If it was deliberate, it was subtly done.  Motor racing is actually a sport of subtlety; many people don't appreciate that.

It's not accepted practice, but generally it's tolerated if there's no damage or change in position (in my club, anyway).  Everyone makes mistakes.  All sanctioning bodies that I know of have rules to the effect that drivers must leave each other racing room - enough space on the racing circuit to avoid contact.  However, every group has its own culture.  I know guys who would consider it a love tap and shake hands and talk about it over a beer after the race.

It's not accepted practice, but generally it's tolerated if there's no damage or change in position (in my club, anyway).  Everyone makes mistakes.  All sanctioning bodies that I know of have rules to the effect that drivers must leave each other racing room - enough space on the racing circuit to avoid contact.  However, every group has its own culture.  I know guys who would consider it a love tap and shake hands and talk about it over a beer after the race.

You do realize this is not like two spaceships tapping each other in outer space, right? There are, like, walls.

Motor racing is actually a sport of subtlety; many people don't appreciate that.

Especially Kyle Busch. :)

You do realize this is not like two spaceships tapping each other in outer space, right? There are, like, walls.

Especially Kyle Busch. :)

No shit. :P Oh, the stories I could tell.  If you don't have anything better to do this weekend go to Summit Point - DC Region SCCA is having its big yearly 3 day weekend event, with charity fundraising.  There will be some great racing.  (And some mediocre racing, this is club stuff after all.)

Kyle who?  I don't follow NASCAR.