The Jumbo Slice - Adams Morgan's Claim to Shame

You all mean "Jumbo Slice", non?
Exactement!

Super slice... :) oh yeah, you can get those by that Rotterdam falafel place...

ETA: Didn't the City Paper's article on jumbo slice have a nutritional analysis in it? Anyone remember the results?

Anyone remember the results?
In addition to digestive distress, they can also make you fat - hitting your thighs with over 1000 calories and lots of greasy, cheesy grossness! How many Big Macs is that? Of course, this is especially bad when they are eaten in conjunction with about 10 $1.25 Miller High Lifes and a few Red Headed Sluts from Adams Mill..and we all know that the only way that one of these SuperJumbo Slice things is even remotely edible is when one is plowed. :) I'll stick to my vodka and lipgloss diet.

The Jumbo Slice is the culinary equivalent of folk art, like punk rock and that tinfoil-and-lightbulb altar in the Museum of American Art. Like the central mysteries of certain religions and the music of the Grateful Dead, it cannot be explained, only experienced, and that only under the influence of certain sacred chemicals -- in this case, the aforementioned cheap beer.

The Jumbo Slice is the culinary equivalent of folk art, like punk rock and that tinfoil-and-lightbulb altar in the Museum of American Art. Like the central mysteries of certain religions and the music of the Grateful Dead, it cannot be explained, only experienced, and that only under the influence of certain sacred chemicals -- in this case, the aforementioned cheap beer.

Thank you. Insofar as DC has a regional folk cuisine (soul food? the half smoke? jumbo slice? astronaut ice cream?), residents of a particular city/region shouldn't have to answer for their culinary abortions.

I don't agree with putting cheez whiz on a cheesesteak, but I'll defend to the death Philly's right to do so.

Pizza Mart is far superior to Jumbo Slice :) At least that's what I recall the last time I had pizza there over a year ago. Those slices are ridiculous. Falafel and fries has tended to be the new late night munchie of choice.

When they opened Amsterdam Falafel instantly became my late night go-to joint, but for those nights when I'm in rare form the big slice has no equal. Topping a falafel takes too much manual dexterity and most of it ends up on my shirt or in my lap anyway. Waking to a half-eaten big slice in the living room is not a pretty sight, though. I don't relish the visual reminder of what I did to myself earlier that morning.

I once ate Pizza Mart sober. Actually made a boyfriend drive me to get it. I got about three bites in before I felt like I had injested the better part of a horse's....well, something bad. I haven't eaten it since, even drunk (even JAGERMEISTER drunk).

Now, when I was much much younger, both Pizza Mart and Jumbo Slice were great spots to find a "friend" if you had failed to do so at Millie and Al's beforehand. Just sayin......

When hungover in the dark days of living as a YUFfie (Young Urban Failure) on Euclid St. and then Summit Place in AM, I treated the Trio small pizza with sausage and pepperoni as my jumbo slice. My God, at that time I say we deserved each other. That is to say, we were a mixed blessing :) .