Ratsie's Terrapin Eatery, College Park - Pizza Joint on Route 1 and Knox Road - Closed

As a Terp, I spent a lot of time eating at a place called Ratsies on the corner of Route 1 and Knox, I believe. It's a pizza joint -- decent 'za, calzones, etc. I think I spent the majority of my time there devouring something called "Fried Balls"...not sure I actually liked them -- just liked saying I ate them. tongue.gif

(to be clear, they're fried dough with powdered sugar -- not some weird sorority task)

Color me anal, but I was actually feeling guilty for never having tried Ratsie's, and was planning on doing so the next time I was near College Park.

But if THIS is what awaits me (note inset picture), then I may be better off remaining a flawed, incomplete restaurant persona with gaps in my experience and holes in my knowledge (*)

(*) like not knowing how to boil an egg, but that's another issue, I suppose.

Cheers,

Rocks.

Color me anal, but I was actually feeling guilty for never having tried Ratsie's, and was planning on doing so the next time I was near College Park.

But if THIS is what awaits me (note inset picture), then I may be better off remaining a flawed, incomplete restaurant persona with gaps in my experience and holes in my knowledge (*)

(*) like not knowing how to boil an egg, but that's another issue, I suppose.

Cheers,

Rocks.

Having eaten there (while drunk after an unknown large number of shots at Santa Fe Cafe, but hey, cut a college kid a break!), I can tell you for certain that neither of those are the pizza at Ratsie's. The picture on the right looks like a poorly photoshopped slice of Papa John's, and who knows where the one on the left came from, but it's not from Ratsie's. Grocery store freezer case does sound about right for that one.

Having eaten there (while drunk after an unknown large number of shots at Santa Fe Cafe, but hey, cut a college kid a break!), I can tell you for certain that neither of those are the pizza at Ratsie's. The picture on the right looks like a poorly photoshopped slice of Papa John's, and who knows where the one on the left came from, but it's not from Ratsie's. Grocery store freezer case does sound about right for that one.
That's clearly crappy stock photography. That pizza looks like it's been sitting out for a long time congealing. I used to go to Ratsie's for buffalo wings. For CP, it wasn't as good as Hard Times, but way better than that crap they call wings at Cluck-U. Blech.

Maybe try Tommy Marcos' Ledo Restaurant (or whatever it is properly called) instead? They make pretty good, not-so-fancy pizzas.