Pop Tacos, Jai and Jung Song's Taqueria in Cross Street Market as of Jul, 2016

Quick shout-out to Pop Tacos, which is probably my favorite lunch spot in Baltimore. It's basically a family-owned version of Chipotle run by a super nice Korean couple. You can get burritos, quesadillas, burrito bowls, or tacos with your choice of chicken, pork, steak, fish, or Korean-marinated pork. Onions and peppers are sauteed to order and guacamole can be added for no additional cost. I'm not sure if it's the marinade, salsa, or what, but I've always thought that Pop Tacos' food is everything Chipotle should be. You can also get some Korean specialties like bibimbap and great breakfast burritos as well.

• Like 1

Pop Tacos is moving out of the Cross Street Market to a storefront right across the street. This will allow them to extend their hours past the typical Market hours, as well as expand their menu. I'm eagerly awaiting their re-opening, estimated to be in June.

Curious: Since you love the place, is this good news or bad news for you? I'd assume good news, but that's just a guess, and I also realize "it depends." If you could update this thread one more time when the move actually occurs, it would be much appreciated - there's no way I'll know before you do.

You've definitely piqued my interest in Pop Tacos, regardless!

Curious: Since you love the place, is this good news or bad news for you? I'd assume good news, but that's just a guess, and I also realize "it depends." If you could update this thread one more time when the move actually occurs, it would be much appreciated - there's no way I'll know before you do.

You've definitely piqued my interest in Pop Tacos, regardless!

Should be good news. There's definitely a big weekend dinner crowd they'll have more access to - the hours and seating inside the market aren't really conducive to a sit-down meal at the end of a long day. I'm sure there will also still be a loyal lunch crowd whenever they re-open.

• Like 1

I've been remiss in failing to mention that Pop Tacos has been back in business since July! Still the same great food made by the same great people - and even bigger portions, it feels like, since they switched to a different take-out container. They added bulgogi to the protein options and made some of their previous special bowls (bibimbap, cup bap) permanent menu items. Unfortunately, some of the more ambitious menu items on the new menu (kim-bab, etc.) got quickly axed before I could try them, but maybe they'll try to roll some out as they get settled in. Nice to have them open through dinner hours, though there isn't much seating in the restaurant itself.