Bonchon Chicken, KFC (Korean Fried Chicken) Opening At 1020 Cherry Street in Chinatown

Bonchon Chicken, a Korean Fried Chicken (KFC) franchise, is coming to Philadelphia.

I suspect Philadelphians will immediately fall in love with the eternally crispy skin, and that the novelty will wear thin after enough time goes by. The quality of some of the Bonchon franchises has slipped here in the the Washington, DC area (here's the Washington, DC thread if you want to get some historical background).

Nevertheless, it really is unlike anything you've ever tried before - they double-fry it in a super wok (I think), and the chicken stays hot and crispy for over thirty minutes (actually it stays crispy for much longer than that).

You can get a double-mix of drummies and wings, and soy-garlic and hot chili sauce - I've always found the wings with soy-garlic to be the best combination - the drumsticks (the actual chicken) have really changed in quality and size (they are now nuclear-sized) over the past couple of years.

"Update on BonChon Korean Fried Chicken" by Arthur Etchells on phillymag.com

This will have multiple locations in Philadelphia before you know it. "Bonchon" means "my hometown," by the way.

Bonchon Chicken, a Korean Fried Chicken (KFC) franchise, is coming to Philadelphia.

I suspect Philadelphians will immediately fall in love with the eternally crispy skin, and that the novelty will wear thin after enough time goes by. The quality of some of the Bonchon franchises has slipped here in the the Washington, DC area (here's the Washington, DC thread if you want to get some historical background).

Well, it appears to be happening; I just didn't think it would be happening this quickly:

"Hyped Korean Chicken Chain Arrives, Disappoints" by Craig LaBan on philly.com