Main Street Pub - Grill and Pub on Main Street, In Back Of The Clifton General Store in Clifton

I had a lunch meeting in Clifton today, and I suggested Trummer's on Main....my lunch partner countered with Main Street Pub. I acceded. Not a bad choice.

If there was a poster for downtown Clifton -- and there probably is -- this is the place that would grace it. The front of the house is the Clifton General Store, with carry-out sandwich and bakery items, plus quite a bit of penny candy. And T-shirts.

The back of the house is where the so-called Pub exists, with 10-12 tables and a nice little Pub menu, plus a spare but nice variety of libations. For lunch today, I enjoyed a Chef Salad of reasonably high quality, well worth ordering again, and my companion enjoyed one of the best looking burgers I've seen, cooked to his medium-rare specification. Definitely worth a repeat, and now I'm trying to think of a reason to be in Clifton for a breakfast here....

Just a few steps away from Trummer's.

• Like 1

I had a lunch meeting in Clifton today, and I suggested Trummer's on Main....my lunch partner countered with Main Street Pub. I acceded. Not a bad choice.

Just a few steps away from Trummer's.

It's probably just as well you went there. Trummers only started opening for lunch at the beginning of March, 2015. And even now lunch is only served at Trummers on Friday and Saturday.