Favor?

DonRocks

Sorry to be a beggar, but this is a combination of 1) a lifelong friend, 2) a very sick child, and 3) zero personal gain for either of us, so I'm willing to take the fall.

Would people mind retweeting this tweet? I'll probably be asking once more shortly before the actually date, so steel yourselves for more panhandling.

(Well, at least it isn't for selfish reasons!) :)

Everyone,

I want to say "Thank you!" from the bottom of my heart for retweeting my tweet.

Please understand one thing: I am NOT directly asking you for money. I will never know whether you donated or not; all I'm asking for is a retweet to get the word out. Maybe one wealthy person who sees it will know someone with Coats' Disease and open up their purse - that's often all it takes.

I will not ask you for money, I promise, and nobody will know whether or not you donated. Please take a look at the posts - I'm just trying to help a close friend in his quest to be a humanitarian to a poor young boy, stricken with this awful eye disease. Can you imagine going blind, after knowing what it's like to have normal vision?

Of course, there's no guarantee that any donations made will "cure" Coats' Disease, but one thing's for sure: a cure will never come *without* donations.

Thank you kindly for helping me out, for helping my friend out, for helping little Sean out. Yeah, I'm a sucker for people who are sick, I admit it, but this is not any type of scam - it has been fully vetted, and no money will go to waste.

And don't forget the shaved ice tasting in Catonsville on October 16th at 6 PM! Even *without* this charity event, Steve Shuman's mom-n-pop shaved ice truck is a business worth supporting, so please remember him in the future.

Thank you once again - you all are wonderful!