Bistro 360 - Chef Josh Imperato in Rosslyn in the Former Cafe Assorti Space, Owned by Art Hauptman of Cassatt's - Closing May 25

On 3/16/2013 at 8:55 PM, cheezepowder said:

Cafe Assorti is closing tomorrow according to Arlnow.

I went a couple of times back when it first opened and haven't been back.

Northern Virginia magazine reported that Cassatt's owner Art Hauptman opened the market portion of Bistro 360 on Oct. 17 in Cafe Assorti's former location.  Although Northern Virginia magazine states that "Hauptman hopes to have the restaurant and wine bar of Bistro 360 open late next week," the Bistro 360 website says that the Bistro360 Eatery will open on Nov. 3 and the wine bar and market are now open.

On 10/24/2014 at 9:05 PM, cheezepowder said:

The website now says that the grand opening for the eatery is Nov. 5.

They're open. Veronique Onteniente (of Montmartre, Montsouris, Bistro Cacao, etc.) is going to be the opening GM which will be an asset for the restaurant.

1 hour ago, hopsing said:

I'd like to try it, but haven't because I think the parking situation in that area is bad for a Saturday night (the only time I go out to eat).  If I'm wrong, please let me know.

It is a tough area to park in.  I'll walk down from where I work in courthouse, but parking has gotten worse more recently in part b/c of a huge volume of residential construction in the area over the last decade.   With Don having noted that it is one of several places in the area that serve Khatchepuri, I'll give it a try.  Also reviews at Yelp and elsewhere have generally been positive.  

1 hour ago, Genevieve said:

The Khatchepuri is what caught my eye.

Its what caught my eye also.  Who would have thought that somewhat unremarkable stretch of hilly Wilson Blvd would be an American center of Georgian street food. 

• Like 2

I got to Bistro 360 this week

On 5/9/2016 at 3:36 PM, Genevieve said:

The Khatchepuri is what caught my eye.

the kachepouri brought me in...and I tried it, a ceviche, and a manhattan cocktail (the house special on the menu) at the bar.  Just an enjoyable restaurant.  Its also a wine, cheese, and specialty food market.  Quite pretty, with both a front and rear patio for seating.  A pleasant environment.  I'll return.

Thoroughly enjoyed the ceviche which was light with a very light marinade and highlighted scallops and shrimp.  The kachepouri was very different than that at Michael Landrum's restaurant down the street.   This version is shaped very long and narrow with an appropriate egg on top.  The base cheeses are different.  This version is very similar to a white pizza type of food.  Also good.  To date I'm partial to Landrum's rendition.  But I could easily go with either one, and it has spurred me to get to Compass Rose and other providers.  Bistro 360's menu looks enticing and after positive experiences with just two dishes I'll eagerly go back with others to sample more off  the menu.

Also, on a side note their version of a house manhattan includes bulleit bourbon and a sherry in lieu of sweet vermouth.  In light of other conversations about manhattans, stirred vs, measured, and eyeballed quantities...I paid attention to the bartender.  He free poured.  He wasn't eyeballing.  He was using a count method ( for instance a rhythmic 4 count should equal a one ounce pour and a 6 count would equal a 1.5 ounce pour)  But his rhythm was off.  Not a huge deal but if a certain cocktail requires very specific measures to maximize taste and balance...this is where things go off.   I'm not complaining...I enjoyed this version. 

As to parking:  It turns out I got to speak with the owner (referenced above). (Nice guy)  I asked about parking in the neighborhood.  He said that street parking is usually findable.  Oh man...if you want to draw customers I'd identify every available lot and garage parking available...but that is his job.  

All in all, an enjoyable dinner, single cocktail, nice service, very attractive setting. I'll get back there.

• Like 3

Was there a 2nd time.  Had two small plates, the gnocchi and mussels.  Both were excellent.  

Parking:  There are some building garages around there.  Parking cost =$5.  Street parking after 6pm is free.  Its not easy but its not impossible either.  Met some big fans of the place who raved about their wine dinners.  Per them and confirmed by management...they really highlight the menu and add the wines.  I looked at the next one and frankly the pricing was great.  so while I haven't attended one, geez I was hearing raves on it.

11 minutes ago, DaveO said:

Closing May 25

I enjoyed it, not enough to go frequently though.  I met some of their regulars.  I guess there weren’t enough of them.  

That’s too bad. The food was good enough but it it never seemed too busy when we were there.  That space is in an odd L shape. Unless they fix that and find a way to better utilize the outdoor areas I think that will always be a hard spot.