DR.com says farewell to CityZen, Wed 12/3, 7:30p

DanielK

I don't think there's much to be said that hasn't already been said about this restaurant. Chef Ziebold has been here for 10 years, and since the doors opened this has absolutely been one of the best, if not THE best, restaurants in the area.

Come join us as we help close the place down for one last great meal, before the doors close on 12/6. (Note that 12/4-12/6, the restaurant is already booked solid.)

The cost will be the standard $120, but Chef Ziebold will be cooking a special tasting menu for us. If you sign up as a couple, you will get different dishes for most (all?) courses, to share with your dining companion. We will pair up those who come as single diners so you get to taste everything.

Wine pairing optional, or order off the list.

This menu is limited to TEN members (you may bring a guest). Send me a PM to get on the list; I will start a waiting list if needed. This is going to be a very special dinner, and I look forward to sharing it with you.

Daniel

Ten spots claimed; four people on the waiting list.

Don't assume that you can't get in:

1. Chef could decide to go higher than 10.
  2. People drop out of these events all the time.

If you want to go, send me a PM to add your name to the waiting list.

• Like 2

Posted Yesterday, 06:23 PM

Posted Yesterday, 06:36 PM

13 minutes to sellout.  On a Friday evening.  Wow.  Good thing I had already determined that my budget couldn't take the hit right now or I'd be sorely disappointed.

Posted Yesterday, 06:23 PM

Posted Yesterday, 06:36 PM

13 minutes to sellout.  On a Friday evening.  Wow.  Good thing I had already determined that my budget couldn't take the hit right now or I'd be sorely disappointed.

I suspect we could do another dinner a month out on a Wednesday, although reservations are going to become tough towards the end.

Sorry for the radio silence. I was trying to work out with Chef Z whether we could fit in a second dinner or a larger table given the incredible interest, but I'm afraid we are limited to one night, 10 seats.

DanielK +1

NotQuickDraw/agm

Scott Johnston/cucas87

squidsdc +1

Cheesepowder

Lydia R

Waiting list:

DCDeb +1

Rovers2000 +1

Gary Tanigawa

booklovingbabe

Choirgirl21

Lori Gardner

LauraB +1

ktmoomau +1

RWBoone +1

There are VERY VERY few tables left in inventory between now and the close on 12/6, so if you want one more trip to CityZen before it closes, book NOW.