Kyoto Sushi, Japanese at 2nd Street and Massachusetts Avenue NE - Northeast Capitol Hill

While I realize that this thread has been asleep for awhile, i just had to voice my displeasure with my lunch. I met a friend at Kyoto near Union Station/ SOBs and it is horrible. I had a box, nothing too hard, difficult, or fancy.  Everything was oily and deep fried, even the pot stickers. Do they not own a steamer?

They should be ashamed of themselves servingthat crap as "Japanese".  Anyway, I smell like greese and now feel a tad bit better.

Oh, the coke was good. (I know I've said it before but I like good coke and it's hard to find.)

While I realize that this thread has been asleep for awhile, i just had to voice my displeasure with my lunch. I met a friend at Kyoto near Union Station/ SOBs and it is horrible. I had a box, nothing too hard, difficult, or fancy.  Everything was oily and deep fried, even the pot stickers. Do they not own a steamer?

They should be ashamed of themselves servingthat crap as "Japanese".  Anyway, I smell like greese and now feel a tad bit better.

Oh, the coke was good. (I know I've said it before but I like good coke and it's hard to find.)

It looks like that's where The Plutocrat used to be.  I loved that place.  Will avoid this one  :) .

This place gets a lot of business at lunch because of its $7 Maniac lunch special (at least it was still $7 the last time I had it at least a year ago; it includes a soda).  A number of years back the quality of the meat served in the lunch special went down markedly.