Chanterelle Mushrooms

hm212

I picked some Chanterelle's for a Thanksgiving receipe. I have never used these before.

Planning to mix everything together Wednesday night to be heated on Friday.

Should I just store them in a brown bag in a pantry away from moisture or is it better to refrigerate?

Not a lifeending question, but would like these to have a nice flavor.

Thanks.

I picked some Chanterelle's for a Thanksgiving receipe. I have never used these before.

Planning to mix everything together Wednesday night to be heated on Friday.

Should I just store them in a brown bag in a pantry away from moisture or is it better to refrigerate?

Not a lifeending question, but would like these to have a nice flavor.

Thanks.

I used to store mushrooms in a paper bag that way and sometimes they would dry out before I used them. A few months ago, a man who worked in the produce department at the old Alexandria Whole Foods (Pinecrest, before the Old Town store), told me the best way to store fresh mushrooms was in the plastic bag with some holes punched in it, laid out flat on a refrigerator shelf. I was a little apprehensive, but it worked really well. I've done it with a number of types of mushrooms, but I'm not sure if that's included chanterelles. (We had the conversation because he was encouraging me to buy loose buttom mushrooms instead of prepackaged, and I said that when I bought them loose, they often got disgusting before I could use them, but if I put them in a paper bag they dried out.)