Science Says: Coffee Mug Color Impacts Flavor

KMango

The online journal Flavour recently published this study demonstrating the impact of mug color on perceptions of coffee taste:

http://www.flavourjournal.com/content/3/1/10

"...This is your last chance. After this, there is no turning back. You choose the blue mug"”the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the white mug"”you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes. Remember: all I'm offering is the truth. Nothing more..."

• Like 1

My personal observations- I don't like to drink hot beverages in a glass mug. I drink coffee in a navy or black mug & tea in a teacup or a white mug. I do not know why my husband continues to buy those enormous Starbucks white coffee mugs, w/ different place names on them. There is no more room in the cabinet for them & they are too large. I only drink coffee at home, Starbucks once while traveling, but I am not a coffee addict.

Sound like a cranky witch, don't I? I only drink coffee maybe 2x/wk. I drink iced tea every morning, & all day, in any kind of cup or glass.