DC Bids For 2024 Olympic Games

ol_ironstomach

I lived in DC LA for the Olympics.  The actual stretch of time during the Olympics was nearly traffic free.  I was selling wine at the time and the sales for the Olympics were disappointing and all of my small restaurant accounts took a hosing and the big guys underperformed badly.  People who come tot he Olympics just didnn't seem to go out for nice dinners and any local who can leave, did.

Later studies of the economic impact said it was less than what was spent on the games and not long lasting.  And do recall, the LA Olympics were the last one to be conducted at a profit.

There are few things I love more than the Olympics.  Last year I wore my USA Olympic jacket all over Athens.  When  we got to Olympia  I had a religious experience, despite the 60 Grade 9rs I had to accompany around the site. I stay up late to watch curling.

I love DC more.

There are few worse ideas than DC hosting the Olympics.  To quote my friend's four year old, "No, please NO!"

• Like 4

Perhaps we could host the Winter Olympics instead. I can see it now-- athletes skiing down the treacherous slopes of Capitol Hill, luges (is that the plural of luge?) flying down the Exorcist Steps, certain folks in congress overriding DC's gun laws to allow biathlons through Rock Creek Park.