Question About a Chef

Pool Boy

I was a fan of Eola before it closed (I love parts). I recently discovered that the chef, Daniel Singhofen, had gone to Blue Duck, but is on the move again (or was? or still is?).  Then I searched DR.com and found this snippet--

Singhofen replaces John Melfi, who has been tapped to work with chef Fabio Trabocchi at Trabocchi's forthcoming seafood extravaganza, Fiola Mare, in Washington Harbour. Because the 7,500-square-foot project is being built from scratch -- a "soup to nuts" operation, Fabio Trabocchi calls it -- the owner says the restaurant is unlikely to open before spring. Reached at the site, co-owner Maria Trabocchi preached caution.

"I'm surrounded by a bunch of cables," she said with a laugh.

That post was in January 2014. My wife says she read recently that he's no longer at Blue Duck. Anyone know where he is now (if anywhere)?

I was a fan of Eola before it closed (I love parts). I recently discovered that the chef, Daniel Singhofen, had gone to Blue Duck, but is on the move again (or was? or still is?).  Then I searched DR.com and found this snippet--

That post was in January 2014. My wife says she read recently that he's no longer at Blue Duck. Anyone know where he is now (if anywhere)?

I have no idea where he is now, but Washingtonian confirms here that he's no longer at Blue Duck.

He's a member here - on social media, he seemed to go radio silent of late. I have a message to him, but it might not do any good. (This is why I need chef's cell phone numbers - I have most of them, but not all).

Per Kliman's chat on Dec. 16, 2014

WHATEVER HAPPENED TO: CHEF DANIEL SINGHOFEN ..........:

Do you know whatever happened to Daniel Singhofen, of Eola fame?

I remembered that at some point he moved to Blue Duck Tavern, but I can't seem to figure out anything about where he's gone since then. (And he's no longer listed as Chef de Cuisine on their website- was that fallout from what happened on the chat here a few months ago?)

Todd Kliman:

No no "” he left in late August.

He told me, when he did, that he had "signed on to do some consulting work with a new concept in town."

He said he hoped that the lighter schedule would enable him "to spend a lot more time with my 4 month old daughter. "¦ I'm looking forward to a break from daily operations and enjoying my family and friends more."

So, for the moment, anyway, he's laying low and working in the background. More as I know it.

I remembered that at some point he moved to Blue Duck Tavern, but I can't seem to figure out anything about where he's gone since then. (And he's no longer listed as Chef de Cuisine on their website- was that fallout from what happened on the chat here a few months ago?)

Todd Kliman:

He told me, when he did, that he had "signed on to do some consulting work with a new concept in town."

He said he hoped that the lighter schedule would enable him "to spend a lot more time with my 4 month old daughter. "¦ I'm looking forward to a break from daily operations and enjoying my family and friends more."

So, for the moment, anyway, he's laying low and working in the background. More as I know it.

This would be in accordance with his Facebook page. Often, "consulting" is a euphemism for "waiting for the right job" - this holds true in all industries. Dan's problem (which has nothing to do with Dan) is that he's been to the mountaintop, and there are a lot of climbers and not so many mountains.

Todd Kliman:

He told me, when he did, that he had "signed on to do some consulting work with a new concept in town."

He said he hoped that the lighter schedule would enable him "to spend a lot more time with my 4 month old daughter. "¦ I'm looking forward to a break from daily operations and enjoying my family and friends more."

Well hey I totally get that. But man alive I hope he resurfaces in the not too, too far off future.

Ugh, I can't believe I forgot to get back to you - I heard from Dan over three weeks ago. :(

He's Executive Chef at Macon Bistro & Larder, and said, "I'd love to see you [and by definition, everyone else] come in for a visit. We're still a work in progress but are making great strides and would love some feed back."