Stolen French Laundry Wine Found

DonRocks

Great that it has been recovered. Now we wait for the really interesting story of who, why and how it was done. Would likely be a good film festival short.

I find it very interesting that it was recovered in North Carolina (I breathed a sigh of relief when I found out it was Greensboro and not Raleigh) - there's no way they were going to sell that in the United States, and maybe not even Europe. I suspect there might have been plans to get it to Asia. If the perpetrators were trying to get dollar-for-dollar value on that wine, they got stupid-greedy. A wealthy, unscrupulous connoisseur would have paid twenty cents on the dollar and drunk it or sat on it.

The Tut,Tut Beard Awards <--- Tragic, but gold can be repaired. Take it off exhibit and spend the three years it will take for artisans to repair it micron-by-micron (*)

It is downright creepy that we're talking about wine as if it were diamonds, although in reality, fine wine is rarer than diamonds.

(*) I have to think that if Egypt is selling reproductions as kitschy gifts, that's a bad idea because it allows for smugglers to illegally export the real things under the guise of a $4.99 gift for grandma. How did I get on this subject?

• Like 1