Ev and Maddy's, Chef Patrick Pak and GM Eunice Pak's 50-Seat Bistro on Gibbs Street in Downtown Rockville

New place called Ev and Maddy's has opened in the space. Read the comments to the article - interesting.

"New French Bistro Ev and Maddy's Has Opened In Rockville" by Andrew Metcalf on bethesdamagazine.com

He worked at Palena for at most two weeks before leaving for his "dream job" (which is what he articulated to me at the time) at Komi.

I believe he worked at Komi for about a month before quitting there.

• Like 2

Yesterday evening, not wanting to cook, my wife, son, and I decided to try Ev and Maddy's in Rockville Town Square.  Opened by a husband and wife team, and named after their children, chef Patrick Pak comes from stints in Blue Duck Tavern, Palena, and Komi.

Dinner was excellent.  While the menu is not large, it is very much in keeping with the French bistro style.  Appetizers range in the $7-10 range (cheese plate or Charcuterie $1-3 more) and the entrees $16 - 23.

We started with three appetizers, assorted roasted mushrooms over a kale pesto, housemade pate de Campagne, and duck confit.  All were very enjoyable and not to large or too small.  Very nice crusty bread and crackers were served with the meal.  Entrees for the evening were a roasted half-chicken with ratatouille,Garam Masala Duck Breast, and Boeuf Bourguignon.  Desserts were a ginger creme broulle and bread pudding.  Both very good.

The wine list is small, inexpensive, and well thought out to go with the food.  On Tuesday night the first bottle is half price, so $17 for a very nice Cote du Rhone was a treat.

All in all, a very enjoyable evening and a new addition to the rotation.

• Like 3