Chefs Needed for Lolly's Locks' Annual Evening of Food, Fashion & Inspiration at The NMWA on Mar 26, 2015

JAC13

Hi All, 

It has been a long since I posted on DonRockwell.com, but I have long been a reader of this great blog. My husband, Matt Wright, has been in the industry for years, and I either directly or indirectly know many of you. For those that don't know me, allow me to introduce myself:

My name is Jaime Wright, and I am the founder and Executive Director of Lolly's Locks, a 501©(3) nonprofit organization committed to connecting cancer patients in need with high-quality wigs. Lolly's Locks was inspired by my mom, Lolly, who lost her 15-month battle with ovarian cancer in March 2012 at the age of 57. Before she lost her fight and in anticipation of losing her hair, she went to buy a wig and was shocked and appealed by how expensive it was and how little insurance covered. She vowed then, that when she recovered, she would start a charity to help other, less fortunate women purchase the kind of high-quality wigs that she felt so lucky to be able to afford "“ the kind of wigs that helped her feel more "normal" during that painful period. Unfortunately, she did not live to fulfill her promise, but my family founded Lolly's Locks to honor her wish of connecting cancer patients with high-quality wigs. I left my job as an attorney to run the organization full time two summers ago. 

I am proud to say that just over two years into its mission, Lolly's Locks has connected over 280 women in 42 states with wigs, and that number continues to grow daily. Lolly's Locks has also started to garner some real attention, enjoying both local news coverage and national press in the Huffington Post and MariaShriver.com.

To that end, I am excited to announce that Lolly's Locks will be hosting its 3rd Annual Evening of Food, Fashion and Inspiration on March 26th at the National Museum of Women in the Arts in Washington, D.C. The event, which will be emceed by Cokie Roberts of NPR and ABC, will debut a "wig-centric" fashion show sponsored by Bloomingdale's. With our 400+ expected attendees, it promises to be a beautiful evening that will raise much-needed funds to ensure that we never have to turn away a worthy recipient.

As in years past, we are hoping to assemble some of DC's most well-regarded chefs and restaurants to participate in our event by running stations that feature light bites of their food, or by providing such bites to be passed by our catering staff. Thus far, we have an impressive group of chefs assembled. Confirmed chefs include Chef Victor Albisu of Del Campo and Taco Bamba, and Chef Tiffany Macisaac. I have received a tentative yes from a few other of DC's finest, but I am concerned as I don't have firm commitments and we needed to go to print with our invite days ago.  

The pertinent logistics for the evening include the following:

• Each chef is being asked to prepare 300-400 bites of food to either be served at a station run by the chef/restaurant, or to be passed by our catering staff; 
  • The event runs from 6:30-9:30 pm on Thursday, March 26th;
  • Official load-in begins at 3 pm, and we ask that all chefs or someone from their team arrive by no later than 5:15 pm to begin set-up of their stations or to drop off their food; 
  • We will be providing cocktail napkins, plates, and silver; 
  • Each chef/restaurant with a station will have his or her own 8 ft. table and access to power; 
  • All chefs will have access to the venue prep kitchen, but no live, open-flame cooking is permitted at any of the stations
  • We ask that the stations remain up and running throughout the entirety of the events. All participating chefs/restaurants will be mentioned in all press releases surrounding the event, promoted in social media postings, and will have their name/logo listed on our website.

If you or a chef you know would be able to be a part of this very special event, we would be so very grateful. I thank you for taking the time to read about Lolly's Locks and for your consideration. If you have any questions about the organization, please feel free to contact me, Executive Director, Jaime Wright, anytime. I can be reached by email at jaime@lollyslocks.org, or via phone at (240) 428-1984

THANKS AGAIN!

Jaime

• Like 2