Margaritas Latin Grill - Salvadoran and Mexican in the Burke Village Center, Burke VA

This little restaurant in a wasteland of a strip mall opened a little over a year ago. The family who owns/runs it lives in Burke.

It is not a destination restaurant, but a lovely and so far reliable neighborhood joint, serving really good-tasting Salvadoran and Mexican food.  Their salsa is cooked and smokey (chipotle peppers?) and my favorite in the area. I also love their refried beans, which are pretty thoroughly pureed, but with a good flavor. The fried yucca is crisp and not greasy (almost as good as my favorite at La Caraquena), and fried plantains have been tasty as well.

Jacob's Platter is a grilled ribeye steak covered with sliced mushrooms sauteed in butter, sauteed fresh veggies, rice and black beans on the side.

Steak tacos overflow with grilled skirt steak, served with refried beans, rice, fresh salsa, guacamole and sour cream that you add to your own taste.

I also love their enchiladas, which are a great deal at lunch: Two for $8.95.

The menu was just enlarged, and I look forward to many more visits to try more dishes.

So far, I have not had any problems with gluten. They do serve some dishes with soft flour tortillas, so I avoid those if corn tortillas can't be substituted.

• Like 2