Food for Life Cuisine, Southern Cooking Featuring Fish and Chicken with Large Portions at Inexpensive Prices in Suitland

Next time you find yourself near Suitland and you're wanting some good seafood at very reasonable prices, go find Food for Life Cuisine on Suitland Road. I've made two visits and I'm amazed at the amount of food you get for the price. Oh, and it's good, too.

Today I'm enjoying the whiting nuggets (about 8-9 large nuggets for $6.00) and hushbabies (10 large puppies for $3.50; not sure why they're called "babies"). Good hushpuppies can be hard to find around here, but I found some! Looks like they mainly have whiting, tilapia, and salmon. They also have some chicken items and burgers, southern style sides, desserts, and carrot fries (which I have yet to try). You get two sauces with your order, which I believe are made in-house.

I'd post a link to their website, but for some odd reason I'm having trouble pasting here. You can copy and paste this: fflcuisineonline.com.

• Like 1

This is interesting. At first, I thought it might be a place more guided by a social mission than profit motive per se (other than covering costs). But doesn't appear to be that. The site self-describes as a "pescatarian restaurant" with a "new chicken" option. Mains between $10 and $14.

Hope it does well.

It's been open since 2002 according to their website, so they're already doing pretty well. I've worked in the area for a while. Not sure why it took me so long to give it a try.

Cool. And, btw, your link in the first post was fine. Most browsers (including iOS) just recognize the format and automatically convert it to a clickable hyperlink.