Graduation Dinner, 17-18 People, $20-25 per Person

Bart

My cousin's daughter is graduating from GW in May and she want's to have a celebratory dinner for her some place in DC or the Arlington/Rosslyn area.  It looks to be around 17 or 18 people and she said she'd like to keep it to $20 - $25 per person.

Anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

Is that price range even possible in this town?!?!?

The vast majority is coming from upstate NY and would probably prefer something "normal and basic" a opposed to "exotic and weird"

Thanks!

Bart

That's a pretty tall order. I can understand wanting to keep the cost down if you're going to be paying for 17-18 people, but $20-25? I guess if that doesn't include any alcohol or the tax and tip, it might be possible, but how many places in that price range can accommodate a party of that size? One place that occurs to me, out of the blue, is Blanca's in Falls Church. It's Salvadoran/Mexican (I'd stick to the Salvadoran side), but the food is not exotic, it's very good, it's not expensive, and with plenty of advance notice I'd bet they could accommodate a large group. I've never tried to organize anything like that, but they might even be willing to give you a fixed price per head. On the other hand, it's an ethnic joint in a poky little strip mall in the suburbs, so it might seem kind of shady to out-of-towners.

Rocks probably has better ideas.

What about Carmine's?  Lots of food.  Should be relatively not too pricey per person, but I can't find prices online.

The other thing along those lines to check out would be Hill Country.

• Like 1

What about Carmine's?  Lots of food.  Should be relatively not too pricey per person, but I can't find prices online.

The other thing along those lines to check out would be Hill Country.

I've been to some dinners of that sort at Carmine's.  Because the portions are so large it comes in pretty inexpensive.  I wouldn't vouch for that price range, but I've been consistently surprised to see how relatively low the total bill was for large groups.   Otherwise I'd look at pizza or burgers.  Fireworks in Arlington would probably hit it with a bunch of pizza's.