DaveO

Well, here's a story where a restaurant was able to strike back at the most arrogant of current customer behavior backed by the threat of a horrendous yelp review.

A Boston restaurant was entirely abused by two arrogant "customers".  The restaurant "niced them to death" and managed to get their pictures.  The two threatened horrendous yelp reviews.  To date no review has surfaced on yelp from these two ingrates...but if one does, not only should they be "outlawed from restaurants" they should be outlawed from ever reviewing again, imho.

I saw this a few days ago, & it got me to thinking...about what kind of a patron I was, what I expected from a restaurant, what I would post publicly in a review. Definitely on the side of the house, I was a waitress in my youth, & have dealt with all kinds of stuff. Sometimes people just need to step back from their initial reactions & really think about the 'ripples' of their behavior. I still see web reviews as a useful tool to sort out what to try, you can usually tell which reviews are baseless.

• Like 1