Business Lunch in Private Room in DC for 10 to 12 people

Simon

Hi, all,

I'd greatly appreciate your help with this -- I've been asked to look into a venue for a private business for 10 to 12 people in DC.  In the past, we've used a private room at the Tabard Inn, which fit all our needs, but we're disinclined to return for obvious reasons.

Here are the criteria my boss has set:

• Spacious room: we're planning a three-hour lunch/discussion, so we'd like a room that's not mostly filled by the table.  We'd like for people to be able to walk around the room as needed.
  • Enclosed room: not merely separated from the main dining room by a curtain
  • Windowed room (preferably)
  • No pre-selection of entrees: we'd like to be able to order off a menu at the time of the lunch (though a constrained/limited lunch is fine)
  • Cost: we're priced out of most hotels.  We're willing to pay $250 or $500 for a room fee, but not $1,500.  I think at Tabard we paid $250 for the room.
  • Food: we're happy to order a three-course meal, but we don't need passed hors d'oeuvres or anything like that.
  • Equipment: we don't need screens or projectors, but a conference phone would be nice.

I have no idea if such a place exists, but I'd appreciate any leads you fine folks can give.  Don, any thoughts?

Thank you!

Simon

Simon,

What day are you having this?

Your list of requirements is long, but not at all unreasonable, and the fact that it's long makes it easier to help you. Are you sure you're priced out of a hotel? I can't imagine there isn't *some* nice hotel who wouldn't be happy to rent you a room for the price you're talking about, as opposed to letting it sit vacant.

It sounds like you want to be out of the main section of the restaurant, so either a separate room (Acadiana just popped to mind), or a conference room (Hotels). Will you need a projector and a whiteboard?

Don,

We're looking at 4/21, 4/22, or 4/23.  We should have a definite date shortly (and understand time is getting short).

I asked my boss again about hotels, and she was somewhat disclined because she didn't want the stereotypical hotel/banquet type food, and the typical restrictiveness of hotel menus options (e.g., making us choose an entree in advance)

Yes, we definitely want a separate room.  We don't need any equipment, though, except potentially a conference phone for someone to dial in.

Simon