One-on-One Lunch Meeting near Dulles/Herndon

DanCole42

I'm having a one-to-one lunch meeting with my friend/boss tomorrow. Typically we do strip mall Indian (she's from Hyderabad), but we're both open to anything.

Criteria

• Centered around where 28 meets Old Ox Road (i.e. NE corner of Dulles). Chantilly/Reston/Leesburg are all probably too far; think Sterling/Herndon.
  • Nothing that requires us to dress up or pay dress up prices.
  • In the door and back out in an hour or less. Maybe 90 minutes if it's amazing.
  • The recommendation should be good enough that she won't fire me but not so good that she thinks I'm buttering her up for a raise.

Thai Basil has decent Thai at Rte 28 and 50 which is a regular restaurant. Aditi Spice Depot has good dosas in Herndon on Rte 606 but is just basically fast food next to the grocery store. These suggestions are probably pushing the geographic boundaries of your driving limit but 10-5 minutes  may be ok.

Joe really promoted Hyderbadi Biryani Corner in Herndon off Centreville Road and Sunrise Valley Drive. I went once and enjoyed it but someone use to eating a lot of Hyderbadi cooking might find it disappointing.

I'm having a one-to-one lunch meeting with my friend/boss tomorrow. Typically we do strip mall Indian (she's from Hyderabad), but we're both open to anything.

Criteria

• Centered around where 28 meets Old Ox Road (i.e. NE corner of Dulles). Chantilly/Reston/Leesburg are all probably too far; think Sterling/Herndon.
  • In the door and back out in an hour or less. Maybe 90 minutes if it's amazing.
  • The recommendation should be good enough that she won't fire me but not so good that she thinks I'm buttering her up for a raise.

Damn, I just saw this. :(

Remember El Fresco in the future, bearing in mind that you must order at the counter (but they deliver to your table) - not unlike District Taco, except much better and much less crowded.

Sorry, Dan - you (and any other member) can always send me a PM if you're in a pinch. Hell, you can *call* me in a pinch - my number is on the contact page of dcdining.com.

Criteria

Where did you end up?