Bartaco, a Casual Taqueria in Reston Town Center and Mosaic District by the Owners of Barcelona Wine Bar

Bartaco opened at Reston Town Center on Monday. We just stopped by early in the evening and by the time we left it was completely packed with a waiting line. Pretty impressive on a weeknight and so recently since it's opening.

The atmosphere was casual and staff were friendly and helpful. Our waiter informed us that they have a order slip which we fill out and  then place a small blue card on metal stand on the table to notify them when our order was order and for everything else we need. Our tacos ($2.50 each), baja fish, chicken and pork belly were tasty and surprisingly on the level of a place in DC like Oyamel.  The non taco part of our order ($5-9 each), guacamole and chips, and tamales were equally as good. We didn't try the rice bowls or desserts.

Definitely reasonably priced and good food, a welcome addition to the RTC. If quality remains this high can see it being a part of our regular rotation.

Bartaco

12021 Town Center Square

Reston, VA

703-787-8226

4pm - late

On 4/23/2015 at 7:44 PM, lion said:

Bartaco opened at Reston Town Center on Monday. We just stopped by early in the evening and by the time we left it was completely packed with a waiting line. Pretty impressive on a weeknight and so recently since it's opening.

The atmosphere was casual and staff were friendly and helpful. Our waiter informed us that they have a order slip which we fill out and  then place a small blue card on metal stand on the table to notify them when our order was order and for everything else we need. Our tacos ($2.50 each), baja fish, chicken and pork belly were tasty and surprisingly on the level of a place in DC like Oyamel.  The non taco part of our order ($5-9 each), guacamole and chips, and tamales were equally as good. We didn't try the rice bowls or desserts.

Definitely reasonably priced and good food, a welcome addition to the RTC. If quality remains this high can see it being a part of our regular rotation.

Bartaco

12021 Town Center Square

Reston, VA

703-787-8226

4pm - late

Bartaco is owned by Barteca Restaurant Group (the "Bar" stands for "Barcelona"), based in Norwalk, Connecticut.

They also own Barcelona Wine Bar and Tapas restaurant, which opened on Sep 30, 2013 in 14UP, in the Autumn of 2014 in Cathedral Heights, and opened in Reston Town Center along with Bartaco.

Gerry Dawes first mentioned Barcelona Wine Bars in his chat on Nov 11, 2012 - I'm going to send an email to Gerry, making sure this is a US-company (as opposed to a being a Spanish company with a US office).

Bartaco. We didn't go into Barcelona, but it looked equally as popular. 

That's remarkable that people were waiting thirty minutes for a fast-casual restaurant. Thanks for the warning!

Gerry Dawes first mentioned Barcelona Wine Bars in his chat on Nov 11, 2012 - I'm going to send an email to Gerry, making sure this is a US-company (as opposed to a being a Spanish company with a US office).

Incidentally, I heard back from Gerry: It is a U.S. company, and world headquarters are in Norwalk, CT.

Its not really a fast-casual restaurant (if by that you mean chipotle, Panera...). It is a proper sit down with table service and are waited upon.

Ah, thank you - now it makes some modicum of sense to me (I didn't understand why people were waiting in line to wait in line!)

I'm not particularly busy lately so I've been watching lots of "football" and working out, which allows me to go eat out even on a Monday night.  I checked out the Mosaic Bartaco.  It's not Mexican food.  They're also pretty small, and individually pretty cheap.  They say to eat 5 or 6 tacos, since each is only 2 to 3 bites.  I went for 5, from left to right, cauliflower, roasted duck, baja fish, falafel, and rock shrimp.  The cauliflower is pretty tasty, especially of garlic.  The roasted duck  was tender.  The fish and rock shrimp (2 in each taco) were nicely fried,  crispy exterior but still moist within.  The falafels were decent.  I think the whole shebang cost  $14.5 before tax.  

IMG_1911.JPG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1