Veloce - Fast-Casual on 18th and L Street NW, by the Owners of Pizzeria Paradiso - Closed

I dunno, Don. It seems that the "coming soon" sign has been on the door for quite some time!

I actually just wrote Ruth this minute, so I'll see if she has any updates (although I didn't ask her about this in particular) - it was just a passing thought, and honestly, I'd forgotten I even wrote it (maybe I should delete my post - not much basis for it).

I was walking through Rosslyn and noticed 2 new pizza places:  Wiseguy Pizza and Spinfire.  As a pizza lover, I am all in favor of new pizza places opening up.  I look forward to Veloce and trying out the 2 new Rosslyn joints.

I wonder if the other fast-casual pizzeria openings forced Gresser to play her hand sooner than she wanted to - I believe a similar thing happened with Ray's Hell Burger.

The article in yesterday's Post implies the opposite. She's been thinking about the concept for 7 years and the availability of an appropriate space is what prompted her to act now.  It's an interesting read, both about the plans for Veloce and Chef Gresser's career path.