Maxime (Formerly Rialto), French-Themed Bistro in the Former Guards Space - From The Owners Of Bodega - Closed

On 9/23/2013 at 3:11 PM, lggl said:

According to the new signage, it will now be called Rialto.  I assume that means Italian.  My short stroll down M Street today also revealed a new thai and sushi place going in where the infamous Garrett's used to be and a new wine bar called Eno on the corner of the Four Seasons driveway entrance.

The Guards became Rialto which is now Maxime, under the same ownership as Rialto (via Washington City Paper).  Maxine opened on March 26, 2015 (via Washingtonian).

The Guards became Rialto which is now Maxime, under the same ownership as Rialto (via Washington City Paper).  Maxine opened on March 26, 2015 (via Washingtonian).

You know, all things considered, I'm very forgiving of typos (goodness knows, I make plenty of them myself), but it's tough to stomach the thought of people investing hundreds of thousands of dollars in three restaurants (the owners also own Bodega and Thunder Burger), and I see a blatant mistake on the menu within five seconds, and I wasn't even looking for one - it just jumped out at me. How is this possible?!

There may be more, there may not be, I don't know, but it's Páté de Campagne, with an "a" - unless you've made the páté <<au style de Sweeney Todd>> (yes, as it's currently written, you're making it from a *companion*). Forget the accents if you want, but *please* get the spelling right. Even if you don't speak French, why don't you pay someone who does ten dollars to proofread your menu? Until my dying day, I will never understand why so many restaurants make such boneheaded mistakes. This is not nitpicking over some internet post; this is a menu which *every* customer that walks through your door is going to read.

Well, this is really a great indicator that we have an important new French restaurant in our midst.

Forget the accents if you want, but *please* get the spelling right. Even if you don't speak French, why don't you pay someone who does ten dollars to proofread your menu?

I have sometimes thought this could be a new line of business for me, but too many restaurants wouldn't bother, even if offered the assistance. Did you notice the "cheece plate"?

Also, "safron" for safran. In the English text, there are at least a dozen missing hyphens.

I have sometimes thought this could be a new line of business for me, but too many restaurants wouldn't bother, even if offered the assistance. Did you notice the "cheece plate"?

Moelleux au Chocolat, but Mousse au Chocolate

I guess they thought Chocolat is an adjective, but it isn't - it's a masculine noun.

Okay, whatever. Someone let me know how this place is.