Cloud Terre, Amber Kendrick's and Ernie Niblack's Wonderful Tableware Company, Union Market -- NOW OPEN!

I was in Union Market this past week and stopped in my tracks as I came upon a new booth selling incredibly thoughtful, sophisticated, beautiful, yet functional tableware. After talking with Amber and Ernie for maybe 15 minutes, I'm hooked and wanted to share this with my fellow members here.

Cloud Terre is the brainchild of Amber Kendrick, a serious creative talent who studied at local Catholic University. Originally trained as an architect, she does restaurant design with current projects including a revisioned L'Auberge and a new concept for Neal Wavra) She created Cloud Terre several years ago, after learning the art of high-end ceramic creation from a true master (her mom, a master ceramicist!).

They've only been open to the public at Union Market for a week. Before now, they have sold near-exclusively to the trade. Those gorgeous dishes at the Ashby Inn and Patowmack Farm (Tarver King)? Those are from Amber and and Ernie. Fiola? Riverstead? Townhouse with the Shields? Seasonal Pantry? Soon to appear at Maketto? Yep, all Amber and Ernie.

Really gorgeous stuff. And, Amber and Ernie couldn't be more humble, talented and just wonderful people.

• Like 1