Helping a friend. She's looking for a place to go to brunch in suburban MD, somewhere in/between Silver Spring and Laurel (and probably willing to veer a bit east or west as needed).  Nothing too fancy, but good food and where you do not need to feel rushed about.

My only ideas are generally in DC (or Baltimore).  Thoughts?

Not a lot of choices came up.  Well, for further info, I did happen to see this promotional video on the Daily Dish.  I have nothing to do with the restaurant, have not been there for brunch, did enjoy a dinner there quite some time back.  On a review basis I am completely unable to comment on it.   but at least this is a visual perspective on what it looks like.

Visual

Not a lot of choices came up.  Well, for further info, I did happen to see this promotional video on the Daily Dish.  I have nothing to do with the restaurant, have not been there for brunch, did enjoy a dinner there quite some time back.  On a review basis I am completely unable to comment on it.   but at least this is a visual perspective on what it looks like.

Visual

It's probably not a good location - The Daily Dish is more Bethesda than Silver Spring: It's a restaurant-slash-caterer in the old Red Dog Cafe space.

Jackie's in Silver Spring does brunch, though I've never had it. On a recent dinner visit, my big complaints were service related so sounds like it could be perfect for your friends who don't want to feel rushed. ;) The food itself was all very good.

And don't forget the crab-stuffed rockfish at Crisfield.

And don't forget the crab-stuffed rockfish at Crisfield.

Wow:  Crisfield.  Would never have thought of it.  Per their website and the menu page in Silber Spring   They open 12 noon on Sunday.   Not a sense of a "brunch" but oh man.  Norfolk styled seafood.  There is that big big gigantic counter, but they do have tables.

Crisfield.  Gotta go back.  What a great place.