Healthy, Calorie-Conscious Lunch in Downtown DC

LauraB

I have not spent any time in restaurants for months due to my need to follow a meal plan for health and weight loss.  In a couple of weeks I need to meet someone for lunch in DC prior to a 2:30 appointment at 18th & I, NW.  I am looking for a restaurant (doesn't have to be in the immediate vicinity) where I can order a simply grilled/roasted fish fillet or chicken breast accompanied by some green vegetables that have not been drenched in butter.  Some places I've thought of are: Ris, Westend Bistro and Woodward Table, all of which are pretty expensive.  That's not a problem for me, but might be for my dining companion.

Any thoughts?

I will throw this on here because they have what would seem like exactly what you are looking for:

The Daily Grill - 600 calorie menu. Grilled salmon or trout with grilled asparagus. Corner 18th and M.

Thank you, Tweaked!  That is EXACTLY what I am looking for and the place will be perfect for my dining companion.  Sometimes you don't need a chowhound-worthy destination, just a simple solution to a specific situation.

• Like 2