Corned-Beef Hash

Pool Boy

On 9/26/2015 at 9:04 PM, Pool Boy said:

We made our first effort at corned beef. It turned out quite good, especially for a first effort, but there is room for improvement for sure.

Oh and there was hash. I love corned beef hash!

I enjoy hash and have been cooking it for some time, including this past winter.  I've  done it with various meats, fish, fowl, and mushrooms.  I've done it with a great variety of flavorings and spices, including, Mexican, East Asian, Middle Eastern, and Mediterranean.  This past week I did a pastrami hash.  

After all is said and done my own perspective is that there is great reason behind the popularity of corned beef hash, and from my perspective and that of DGS, pastrami hash.  Doing a hash with a spiced meat such as corned beef or pastrami entirely ups the hash game.  It does go down well with cold beer.  Irish bars definitely know what they are doing here.

• Like 1

I think I posted this somewhere else when discussing corned beef hash, but the best I have *ever* had, and that includes at delis in NY, is at Brookyln's Deli in Potomac.

Order with the eggs over easy, and your bread as rye toast, and tell me I'm wrong. I dare you.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DanielK said:

I think I posted this somewhere else when discussing corned beef hash, but the best I have *ever* had, and that includes at delis in NY, is at Brookyln's Deli in Potomac.

Order with the eggs over easy, and your bread as rye toast, and tell me I'm wrong. I dare you.

I have not been to Brooklyn's but then I am not sure you have been to Amore Breakfast in Ogunquit, Maine. I would drive for hours to have that corned beef hash. A revelatory experience!

27 minutes ago, Pool Boy said:

I have not been to Brooklyn's but then I am not sure you have been to Amore Breakfast in Ogunquit, Maine. I would drive for hours to have that corned beef hash. A revelatory experience!

I have not been there - I am comparing it with the best deli breakfasts in DC, NY, Philly. and SoFla.

13 hours ago, DanielK said:

I have not been there - I am comparing it with the best deli breakfasts in DC, NY, Philly. and SoFla.

If a million more people had your dining out habits delis would not be an endangered species. :D

4 hours ago, Al Dente said:

You know ... when I saw your name as the last poster in the "Corned-Beef Hash" thread, I honestly thought it was going to be some snide crack about a non-intoxicating way to fill your pipe with Hormel when you need a couple days off.

You probably think I'm kidding, but I'm honestly not. :)