Thai Taste by Kob meetup

nelumbo

Meetup at Thai Taste by Kob for some firey Thai street food, anyone? Less blistering dishes are not out of the question, although I personally would like at least one or two Thai-spicy options....

My schedule is really difficult, the best day this month is probably Sunday 22 November, I'm thinking lunchtime. Other Sundays in November might be possible if the 22nd is terrible.

I actually would have come to this myself, but my son is home for Thanksgiving break this week, and he hasn't been here in three months, so I don't want to make any plans.

Don't get discouraged, nelumbo - this is just a bad week given Thanksgiving and all that. I really appreciate you having volunteered to do this event, and I think others do, too.

I've found that far-in-advance planning of this sort of thing is difficult, as life tends to intervene in schedules as the date finally approaches. At this point in time, I'm sure I will be free some Sundays in January, but can't nail down which ones.

Maybe we can say "a Sunday in January", and then revisit the question a month from now or so?

• Like 2

I've found that far-in-advance planning of this sort of thing is difficult, as life tends to intervene in schedules as the date finally approaches. At this point in time, I'm sure I will be free some Sundays in January, but can't nail down which ones.

Maybe we can say "a Sunday in January", and then revisit the question a month from now or so?

I think that's a good call.

• Like 1

February 7th is Super Bowl Sunday. If people are hosting or attending Super Bowl parties (I'm hosting one), it may not be a great day for them. I'm not sure if I'll be able to attend no matter what the date, so just an FYI -- I know it's hard to find the perfect date!

The meetup will be on Saturday, 20 February, noon, Thai Taste by Kob in Wheaton.  Copious free parking available within a block of the restaurant (garage, street, and lots), and it is a relatively short walk from Wheaton metro station.

If you are planning to come, please post here or send me a message so I can arrange for a table, thanks.

Meetup at Thai Taste by Kob for some firey Thai street food, anyone? Less blistering dishes are not out of the question, although I personally would like at least one or two Thai-spicy options....

My schedule is really difficult, the best day this month is probably Sunday 22 November, I'm thinking lunchtime. Other Sundays in November might be possible if the 22nd is terrible.

Notes about yesterday's meet-up are here. Thanks, nelumbo, for sticking with this - 10 guests is a really good turnout.