Kabu, Japanese Hibachi and Sushi House in the Boulevard Shops near Route 1 and Cherry Lane in Laurel

I tried the new-ish sushi and Japanese steakhouse in the old chili's spot on Rt 1 and cherry.  Sushi was all fine to very good--better than maintenance sushi but not Sushi Sono.

Place was basically empty.  Pretty questionable starting the same concept that failed there before them, in a shopping center that is annoying to access.  But I hope they survive.

Is that Kabu?

I tried the new-ish sushi and Japanese steakhouse in the old chili's spot on Rt 1 and cherry.  Sushi was all fine to very good--better than maintenance sushi but not Sushi Sono.

Place was basically empty.  Pretty questionable starting the same concept that failed there before them, in a shopping center that is annoying to access.  But I hope they survive.

Is that Kabu?

Yes, and a prior iteration was called Sake. My guess is that Chili's (which it also used to be) built the space, which is why it looks so corporate - as far as I know, Kabu is independently owned.

post-2-0-68463400-1449600466_thumb.png