Caribbean Plate, Annandale Road and S. Washington Street in Falls Church - Now Owned by The Muffin Man (!)

Big change to report. Caribbean Plate is under new ownership. The new owner is the Muffin Man from Maryland (La Plata? Lanham?). ( He was very nice.) The menu is totally different - more Jamaican offerings. No more saltenas. No more black bean soup. The owner said he plans to add his famous muffins to the menu,

• Like 1

I've been frequenting this restaurant WEEKLY. There are only about a handful of restaurants I will re-order from and this place takes a top spot. Home cooked, fresh spices, friendly customer service, and most important clean restaurant/kitchen/baseboards,ceilings (Yes, I look at every aspect of a restaurants cleanliness..it shows firsthand how much they care about the quality of food and their customers) The owner was super nice and very accommodating. Dishes run between an average of $20 a plate but well worth every penny!  

13 minutes ago, arlingtonkabob said:

I've been frequenting this restaurant WEEKLY. There are only about a handful of restaurants I will re-order from and this place takes a top spot. Home cooked, fresh spices, friendly customer service, and most important clean restaurant/kitchen/baseboards,ceilings (Yes, I look at every aspect of a restaurants cleanliness..it shows firsthand how much they care about the quality of food and their customers) The owner was super nice and very accommodating. Dishes run between an average of $20 a plate but well worth every penny!  

What have you liked there?  (Are their pics on your insta?  I always love the pics you post.)

Just now, ktmoomau said:

What have you liked there?  (Are their pics on your insta?  I always love the pics you post.)

The Ox tail and jerk chicken with rice and peas, cabbage, okra have been my staples there. You can tell each dish has been braised for hours till perfectly tender. The beef patties have a perfect flaky crust with a nice and spicy ground beef filling. 

And thank you! Unfortunately, no..the pictures I post are of my restaurant. I'll be sure to take some pics of their food next week and post on here though ^_^

• Like 1

On 3/20/2018 at 3:10 PM, arlingtonkabob said:

The Ox tail and jerk chicken with rice and peas, cabbage, okra have been my staples there. You can tell each dish has been braised for hours till perfectly tender. The beef patties have a perfect flaky crust with a nice and spicy ground beef filling. 

And thank you! Unfortunately, no..the pictures I post are of my restaurant. I'll be sure to take some pics of their food next week and post on here though ^_^

You need a personal account, you take great food photos!