The Shaw Bijou - Chef Kwame Onwuachi and GM Greg Vakiner's $95 Seven-Course Menu in Shaw - Closed

10 hours ago, Lori Gardner said:

I was there this past week (was going to start writing it up tomorrow) and the food was quite good.  At $95 I thought the meal was well worth it.    

We were there this past Friday night, and I totally agree, Lori. I'm very surprised they didn't give the new pricing more of a chance - but as others have said, their initial mistakes with the concept must have been too great to overcome. I was surprised at how few tables there were, maybe only 7 or so? There were only 2 other tables occupied when we were there, but we also had a 5:30 reservation,so I thought it was early. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Escoffier said:

If that had been the original concept, we wouldn't be writing the obituary, we'd be talking about the food and service. This was poorly planned and conceived way before it became a physical presence.  Ten minutes of serious mulling over the number of people who will spend almost $500 to eat dinner more then once should have stopped this nonsense before a dime was spent.  I doubt this restaurant would have survived on Rodeo Drive, much less in DC.

are you seriously implying that a restaurant charging $185 per person for food is unable to survive anywhere in the country, let alone dc(where this already exists)?

6 hours ago, Ericandblueboy said:

He's not srsly, nor is he implying.  "This" means Shaw Bijou specifically.

"Ten minutes of serious mulling over the number of people who will spend almost $500 to eat dinner more then once should have stopped this nonsense before a dime was spent." made me think that he was discussing any restaurant at that price ($185pp)