Superbowl Parties - Barbecued Ribs by our own SmokinJarHead

Serve up some good slow cooked Ribs and or pulled pork for your Super bowl 50 party. I will also cook Brisket on request. Get your orders in now!! Get your orders in by Jan 29.

Baby back ribs : $24 for a full rack

Pulled Pork. : $14 per lb

Brisket. : Pricing available upon request

Serve up some good slow cooked Ribs and or pulled pork for your Super bowl 50 party. I will also cook Brisket on request. Get your orders in now!! Get your orders in by Jan 29.

Baby back ribs : $24 for a full rack

Pulled Pork. : $14 per lb

Brisket. : Pricing available upon request

I highly recommend Ron for any BBQ needs you might have. He did a full hog roast for my last birthday with over 30 people attending and everything we ate was delicious. Ron handled every request we threw at him and answered questions, making the process both fun and informative.

Ron, you'll be getting an order from the Meyer clan for some ribs and pulled pork very soon, I'm sure. :)

• Like 1

Question, where do you pick up your order or are they delivered?  Looked on the facebook page, but I didn't see that info, thank you!

I will be delivering starting on Friday. Send me a message on my FB page or email me @ ronjohnson0819@gmail. Let me know what your ordering, and where you're located. I am taking payments through my PayPal account.

I'd like to add that every time you contract with Ron Johnson for one of your parties, you'll be supporting our nation's ex- former-miltary.

Former, Don, former!

Especially with the Marines, aka Jarheads.  I learned that the hard way in a former job when I made the mistake of calling former Marine and ex-Marine early on and he corrected me.  "There are no ex-Marines! You're either a Marine or not a Marine!"  (aka you're a civilian or Army, Navy, AF).  I had to ask, "What do they call you if you get kicked out of the Marines?"  "You're a piece of shit!"  "You're either a Marine or a piece of shit!"

• Like 1

Former, Don, former!

Especially with the Marines, aka Jarheads.  I learned that the hard way in a former job when I made the mistake of calling former Marine and ex-Marine early on and he corrected me.  "There are no ex-Marines! You're either a Marine or not a Marine!"  (aka you're a civilian or Army, Navy, AF).  I had to ask, "What do they call you if you get kicked out of the Marines?"  "You're a piece of shit!"  "You're either a Marine or a piece of shit!"

Thank you Bart on that clarification. You are absolutely right!! Don meant well, and so he gets the benefit of the doubt.

Semper Fi

Ron (or Bart), would you please fully explain this to me so I don't ever make the same mistake again? The proper way to describe you would be as a "former Marine?" If so, then that seems like a conflict with "Once a Marine, always a Marine," so could you clarify that for me? Just a simple list of DO's and DON'Ts - such as, "Never say Semper Fi unless you're a Marine yourself," "Never say, 'Thank you for your service, soldier,'" etc. There *must* be a way for civilians like me to express their gratitude without coming across as entitled or presumptuous.

Incidentally, my personal assistant, Christi-Ana, is on the Board of an organization called "Operation Honor our Heroes" which performs services for the families of veterans who died during service. I've tried to get people here to help out before, and got zero response, probably because they knew nothing about it; maybe now, I can use this thread to pique people's interest. Operation Honor our Heroes is one of only a few charities that I'm actively involved with, and it's one I plan to get even more closely involved with going forward. Anyone who's interested - even if you think you might be marginally interested sometime in the future, please write me, and I'll give you more details.

And I know it's not fashionable to say this, and I even read in a newspaper column recently that some ex- former-military personnel get *angry* when people say it (man, talk about a no-win situation), but I'm going to say it anyway, and I'm going to keep saying it for the rest of my life, hopefully in a way that is respectful, not annoying - "Thank you, Ron, for serving," and I mean that from the bottom of my heart. Honoring and thanking our nation's military and police (yes, police) is a regular theme here, and will always continue to be.

Your insights would be greatly appreciated. How should someone like me address and describe you, and what is the best way to say 'thank you?'

Kind regards,

Don

• Like 1

Don, the connotation of an Ex Marine is usually assumed negative. Former Marine is more appropriate from a veteran Marine to an active duty Marine. To all civilians, We are Marines! The fact that USMC is the hardest branch of service warrants these and other names, for example only someone that has completed USMC boot camp can be called a devil dog. We have many names for each other based on the rich history of the Marine Corps. Most Marines will not hold it against a civilian for calling them an ex Marine, but sometimes will correct them. As for the Do's and Dont's, you are correct! At the end of the day, the way to thank someone for their service is to do just that. If they have some type of identifier as to who they served with you can address them appropriately, if not then you can just thank them.

I am interested in the Charity, Operation Honor our Heroes and would be willing to help out any way I can. I will check out their website.

I hope I've explained it well, and just know everytime you thank a Vet or active duty person they do appreciate it.

Sincerely,
Ron
Smokin' Jarhead

• Like 1

In for a rack of ribs, too! But unlike Don, I do want them for the SB. We will file an order within the next few days.

No problem, you can call me or email me your order. I'm taking payments through PayPal, or foursquare. ronjohnson0819@gmail/ 301-705-5712

Thanks,

Ron Johnson

Smokin' Jarhead

Ron continues to blow me away with the quality of his smoked meats. Ron dropped off a sizable rack of pork ribs two days before the Super Bowl. As usual, Ron was a perfect gentleman towards my mother and stuck around for a few brief moments to discuss what he's been up to, interesting things he's been smoking (Ron, you have *got* to let us know when we can taste your smoked oysters). After he left, we stuck the foil-wrapped ribs in the fridge. We were saving these for the SB after all. I followed the reheating instructions on AmazingRibs.com, which has you wrap the ribs in two sheets of aluminum foil, drizzle about 2oz of chicken stock on the ribs and then seal the foil sheets. Roast in a 225 degree oven with the rack you're cooking on positioned in the upper-middle section of the oven. Heat until ribs measure 155 degrees in the center with an instant-read meat thermometer.

The ribs turned out perfectly this way, as if they had just come hot off the smoker. The smoke flavor was there in full force, and the ribs had a gentle, but solid bite to them. Not falling off the bone, but a real meaty sink-your-teeth sensation that still provided the distinctive melt-in-your-mouth texture that only expert pitmasters can do. I expected the texture of the bark to suffer a bit from reheating, and it did, but only a bit and it certainly isn't any fault of Ron's. The bark still provided a solid punch of smoke that good bark should. I'll experiment in the future with different reheating methods to preserve the crunch of the bark. Ron had graciously accepted my request of a dry rub applied to the ribs instead of sauce. P.S.: Ron, I'm not sure what your normal procedure is vis a vis dry rubs vs sauce, but I got the impression from the spot-on seasoning and flavor profile that the dry rub is your normal method. If I'm wrong, please correct me!

Overall it was a hearty and immensely satisfying meal that had me and my party guests chowing down to the very last scraps of meat on the bones. I continue to recommend Ron for anyone in the area looking for expert barbeque by an expert pitmaster.

• Like 1

Thank you Mix for the kind words. Yes I do prefer dry rub,the smoke and the combination of the flavor herbs and spices is good. I am working on a couple different sauces, because some people like sauce. I will definitely keep you updated on what I'm doing, oyster's, cheese, etc.

Ron, check this out.

• Like 1