The Habit Burger Grill, a Popular Los Angeles Chain, Opening in Several Area Locations

I just ate at their Ashburn location earlier today, and I'd rate the quality as being as if someone on the culinary staff at the Burger King Corporate HQ personally made you a Whopper in their immaculate test kitchen.  Same kind of taste, only not spiked with Liquid Smoke and actually grilled instead of 'flame-broiled' - I know I'm not going to be tasting this burger for the next three days every time I burp.  The grilled onions also reminded me both look and taste-wise of the ones found on a Double-Double Animal Style.  As fast-casual burger chains go, I'd rank this one fairly well.

I'll definitely hit it up when I take my new Subaru out to the dealership in Sterling for servicing, but other than that, it'd be a pretty long trek for a burger, and I rarely find myself up in Rockville.

And just in case neither of you were aware one of these was open in this area:

"The Habit Burger Grill [Ashburn]" on yelp.com

• Like 1

And just in case neither of you were aware one of these was open in this area:

"The Habit Burger Grill [Ashburn]" on yelp.com

And yes, in case anyone didn't know: It's *perfectly fine* to link to Yelp! or any other website here. Competition is welcome in all forms - it makes for a better world.

(Better for us, anyway. ;))

Seriously, please *do* link to anyone you wish.

And yes, in case anyone didn't know: It's *perfectly fine* to link to Yelp! or any other website here. Competition is welcome in all forms - it makes for a better world.

(Better for us, anyway. ;))

Seriously, please *do* link to anyone you wish.

At the very least, Yelp is worthwhile for the pictures of the establishment and food people take.  Reviews can be worthless, but a picture is still worth a thousand words.

Just returned from San Francisco, and while Habit remains a favorite over In-N-Out, there appears to be a new contender emerging in northern California. Super Duper Burger, notwithstanding its unimaginative name, is coming on strong out there. I find it to be a cut above In-N-Out, probably close to BGR, but not quite up to Habit Burger standards.

We tried Super Duper Burgers in SF two summers ago.  Comparing it to In-N-Out is not apples and oranges IMO due to the 100% higher price.  I generally agree with your assessment in comparison to BGR and Habit though.

We tried Super Duper Burgers in SF two summers ago.  Comparing it to In-N-Out is not apples and oranges IMO due to the 100% higher price.  I generally agree with your assessment in comparison to BGR and Habit though.

Not quite sure about that -- I compared a similar double cheeseburger with fries and drink at all three, and there's about a $2.50 difference, with far more than $2.50 worth of quality. And in all 3 cases, you get change back from a $10 bill for that meal, so who cares?

Not quite sure about that -- I compared a similar double cheeseburger with fries and drink at all three, and there's about a $2.50 difference, with far more than $2.50 worth of quality. And in all 3 cases, you get change back from a $10 bill for that meal, so who cares?

I'm talking about the burgers only.  My point is that it's not fair to compare a $3 double cheeseburger to a $6-7 double cheeseburger, and either of those to a $10-15 burger.  They're all cheap in the grand scheme of things, but there's likely a ceiling to how good a burger can be at each of the lower price points.

I'm talking about the burgers only.  My point is that it's not fair to compare a $3 double cheeseburger to a $6-7 double cheeseburger, and either of those to a $10-15 burger.  They're all cheap in the grand scheme of things, but there's likely a ceiling to how good a burger can be at each of the lower price points.

More people than not would say they're all expensive in the grand scheme of things.

I pulled into the Rockville location today, but I was planning dinner with a friend up the road, so I didn't order anything. I took note that it looked like any of the places in the L.A. area from the outside and the inside, all neat and tidy, so if the burgers are as good, we have ourselves a worthy addition to the local burger scene. If, however, the quality does not travel well to these eastern outposts, I give them credit for representing themselves aesthetically.

IMG_2200.JPG

On 3/8/2017 at 1:56 PM, Kibbee Nayee said:

I pulled into the Rockville location today, but I was planning dinner with a friend up the road, so I didn't order anything. I took note that it looked like any of the places in the L.A. area from the outside and the inside, all neat and tidy, so if the burgers are as good, we have ourselves a worthy addition to the local burger scene. If, however, the quality does not travel well to these eastern outposts, I give them credit for representing themselves aesthetically.

We went a few times after they opened last summer.  The burgers are indeed good.  That said, they've badly screwed up take-out orders for some of my family members on multiple occasions, so dining in may be the better move.