DR.com dinner at Drift on 7th, Tues Mar 15 at 6:30p

DanielK

Please come join us for dinner at Drift on 7th and celebrate the (re)opening of Ferhat's seafood joint in Shaw!

We will meet at 6p for drinks, with dinner starting at 6:30p. Ferhat and I spoke, and he said it would be easier for the kitchen if everyone just ordered off the menu, rather than trying to do a set meal with simultaneous service.

Seating is in 4-tops, so if you're not RSVPing with 4, you'll sit at a table with others. Make a new friend!

RSVP here in the topic or via PM. I can't imagine we'll need a waiting list (max seating is 32), but if so, first come first served.

DanielK +1
JSnake +2
Bart +1
eatruneat
MichaelBDC
ktmoomau
Gadarene +1
mr food +1
Simul Parikh

• Like 1

Is it possible to push a few 4-tops together so we can all sit at one table?

I'll leave that question to Ferhat. There used to be a lot of booth seating, but I haven't seen if there was any physical redesign in the Fishnet --> Drift transformation.

JSnake & Daniel,

We actually changed the seating layout and have only tables(no more booths) and bar seats. There is not a lot of room to push the tables together maybe only 2 of them can be combined. In addition, it would be really hard for me to serve a table of 8. I prefer that you all have a good experience and not suffer with delayed food.

However, your enjoyment comes first. If you really like to sit together and don't mind the timing(some will be served some will be delayed at the same table) I`d be happy to do the table arrangement to your liking.

Let me know please.

thanks,

JSnake & Daniel,

We actually changed the seating layout and have only tables(no more booths) and bar seats. There is not a lot of room to push the tables together maybe only 2 of them can be combined. In addition, it would be really hard for me to serve a table of 8. I prefer that you all have a good experience and not suffer with delayed food.

However, your enjoyment comes first. If you really like to sit together and don't mind the timing(some will be served some will be delayed at the same table) I`d be happy to do the table arrangement to your liking.

Let me know please.

thanks,

Ah I shouldn't even have said anything. Whatever makes your job easier is fine by me :)

ok, in and the Head Chef will accompany me thought she may be a bit late but given that it's a la carte, I don't think that will be a problem. I may see if another foodie couple wants to join us.

Plenty of room, and as Don always says, the price for them to join this special dinner is to join DR!

Plenty of room, and as Don always says, the price for them to join this special dinner is to join DR!

Unfortunately, they can't make it but I believe she joined, he doesn't do social media. As Ferhat is graciously waiving corkage, I'm eyeing a magnum of Sancerre and possibly a new world pinot.

Unfortunately, they can't make it but I believe she joined, he doesn't do social media. As Ferhat is graciously waiving corkage, I'm eyeing a magnum of Sancerre and possibly a new world pinot. 

Since Ferhat is waving corkage, both he and the staff should be tipped generously for the loss of revenue. He's giving us a gift; let's give him one in return.

Since Ferhat is waving corkage, both he and the staff should be tipped generously for the loss of revenue. He's giving us a gift; let's give him one in return.

beside not bringing anything on the list or cheap, that's a corkage commandment!

• Like 1

Good thing this is tonight and not tomorrow. God help anyone trying to travel into the city tomorrow. Or out of the city. Or near the city.

Why? (Sorry to get off-topic.)

PS - Website will be fine today, but look for an interruption of service sometime this week for a few hours. I'll keep people posted on my twitter account (@dcdining) which rolls over onto the dcdining.com page on Facebook.