30th Birthday Dinner with Gluten and Lactose Intolerance, About $100 per Person

MichaelBDC

Eatruneat and I know a LOT about the DC dining scene but I need some help from my fellow DonnyRockers on this one because of the variables involved.

My friend is looking for a place to go for his brother's 30th birthday and he wants it to be a memorable experience as you can probably imagine.  Here's where it gets tough.  My friend has a gluten allergy and is also lactose intolerant.  On top of that, his brother's girlfriend is a pescatarian.  Lastly, they want to keep the price point around $100 per person if possible.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  

Thanks in advance,

Mb

Boundary Road on H St. NE has a menu right now that sounds very conducive to the constraints outlined above. I also know Chef Luke and GM Mary Kate are open to e-mails re: potential dining concerns, allergies, etc. No question people would get out of there with food and booze or wine for under $100 a pop.

On the other end of H St., Sally's Middle Name has a menu that is almost all gluten free and / or dairy free; the space might be a little small, though, and I think for groups you have to arrange a private event.

Zaytinya has a gluten-free menu and seems to be good with allergies.

I was just going to suggest Zaytinya. Went there with a gluten-free cousin and I recall they had menus marked up for multiple food/ingredient restrictions.  Plus, they have a fair amount of vegetable, fish and seafood dishes, and the atmosphere is festive.

I would say Dino.  Dean is amazing with substitutions (I was GF while I had Lymes and am lactose intolerant still) and everything is still really tasty.  And I am pretty sure there would be some good stuff for the pescatarian.  I loved it because I never felt limited.  Zaytinya isn't bad at all either.  Blacksalt I think may meet the price point and is a great option too.  

Taken from Eater:

Izakaya Seki

Izakaya Seki doesn't traditionally offer an omakase menu, given its casual atmosphere, but proprietor Cizuka Seki says the chef can arrange something like an omakase experience, given some advance notice. Contact the restaurant to ask for more information. The price depends on diners' needs, and has been more or less than $60 per person.