2nd Annual Ripe Artisanal Cheese Party @ Right Proper Brewing Co in Shaw

milkmaid

Hi folks! Just wanted to make sure you knew about this super funky event on April 3. This is for both food professionals and cheese and beer lovers. This is a great opportunity to taste new cheeses and meet the producers directly! Industry folks: please contact me, Katie Carter, for more information or for VIP tickets to the "Trade Only Hour'. Hope to see you all there!

Ripe

The DC Artisanal Cheese and Craft Beer Party 

at Right Proper Brewing Company in Shaw

Sunday, April 3

11:30-1pm (Trade Hour)

1-3pm (General Admission)

Tickets on sale at DCCheeseParty.com!

Presented by Kennedy MTI and Right Proper Brewing Company

A fun and rustic gathering of cheesemakers, cheesemongers, importers, chefs, and cheese lovers!

Proud to Host:
P.A. BOWEN FARMSTEAD - MD
CAROMONT FARM - VA
CROWN FINISH CAVES - NY
VULTO CREAMERY - NY
NETTLE MEADOW - NY
BONNIEVIEW FARM - VT
ESSEX ST CHEESE
COLUMBIA CHEESE
GOURMINO
ROOTS AND BRANCHES CRACKERS - NC
DOLCEZZA GELATO - DC

Join us for the best cheese event in Washington, DC featuring today's finest cheesemakers, affineurs, and importers!

Taste and discover new cheeses

Meet cheesemakers, importers, and affineurs
Mingle with other local cheese professionals and chefs
Drink craft beer made by Right Proper Brewing Company
Join the Mid Atlantic Cheese Coalition

Chefs, cheesemongers, and retailers: Please contact Katie Carter for complimentary VIP tickets. VIP tickets include one and half hours of "Trade Only" time to meet and taste directly with the cheesemakers and importers before the public arrives. VIP Tickets are limited and will be available upon request via special link. 

Get your tickets today, they will sell out! DCCheeseParty.com

post-501-0-54665500-1457734653_thumb.jpg
  • Like 1

I wish people would post the prices in their announcements and homepage.  Most of us have price points for events.  I personally have NEVER read about an event and became so excited that I ignored my price point once I clicked through far enough to learn the price.  Instead I feel like I've wasted my time if I have to click through a few pages just to learn how much the even costs and find its above my price point.

We went to this event last year and enjoyed it.  Early on it was VERY crowded with lots  of lines, later in the afternoon it was less crowded and we had good access to the tastings.  Overall it felt like most of the higher demand tastings like the Raclette station lasted.  We stopped by Dino beforehand and shared a burger so we could deal with the slowness to get to taste.

At $40/each we will not attend but it still is a great opportunity if you value local/smaller cheese producers.  Most of these cheeses are over $20/lb so the value of the cheese you taste is probably very high.

Early on it was VERY crowded with lots  of lines, later in the afternoon it was less crowded and we had good access to the tastings.  

We got there right before it opened, and had a good 15 minutes to hit all the stations before lines developed as they slowly processed the line into the bar. We were also able to grab seats at one of the few tables that way, so had a place to camp.