Nonalcoholic Wines

I know, I know - but a truly dear friend is dealing with a serious health issue and is now on a med that forbids drinking any alcohol, of any kind.  And she adores wine.  Is there such a thing as a palatable nonalcoholic facsimile of wine?  It cannot have any alcohol in it at all.

I know, I know - but a truly dear friend is dealing with a serious health issue and is now on a med that forbids drinking any alcohol, of any kind.  And she adores wine.  Is there such a thing as a palatable nonalcoholic facsimile of wine?  It cannot have any alcohol in it at all.

There are *awesome* non-alcoholic wines - and I mean they taste better than wines *with* alcohol, and you know who knows about them? Ferhat. You should write him. Speaking directly, we're talking about "grape juice," but I've had some individual varietals (one of which Ferhat served me several years ago) that are truly amazing, and would be instructive even for a professional wine-taster to get a feel for what the grape can taste like, unencumbered by fermentation.

Also, are you limiting yourself to grapes, or would a sparkling cider be okay? That would open some doors.