The HiFi Bar, Mike Stuto and Laura McCarthy's Unpretentious Indie-Rock Bar - E. 11th Street and Avenue A in East Village

Superiority Burger was a 2016 James Beard (National) Award Semifinalist for Best New Restaurant, which is why I was seriously considering it a few weeks ago, but there was such a bounty of restaurants near where I was staying in Midtown that I just didn't get a chance to make the trip - believe me, I was tempted.

Thank you both for posting about Superiority Burger - it looks "impossibly interesting," for lack of a better term.

If you go, get take out, and have it with a beer and a Jameson at HiFi a couple blocks away.  Good people. Good bar.

The other play if you're in the East Village/Alphabet City, is beer at Drop Off Service (although I've heard that after a recent facelift, they are no longer serving imperial pints), accompanied/followed by a pork burrito from Zaragoza Mexican Deli next door. Stop at Muzzarella Pizza down the block on your way home to pick up a slice or 2 for later (excellent plain slice, and everyone should try the lasagna slice once).