dr.com Vegetarian Only Meetup?

DonRocks

one great thing about peter chang--on just about any dish you want, they will substitute tofu for the meat/fish, so you can get a vegetarian version of most things on the menu. my current fave is the hot and numbing flounder (with tofu instead of flounder) the broth is just so tasty! the one bummer is that they charge the menu price for the item regardless of whether you've downgraded to the cheaper tofu, but still, i'm delighted to have that option.

As a vegetarian (no seafood/chicken/meat, but eggs and dairy ok) i think it's interesting that you've found vietnamese places more veg friendly than chinese, as  i've found plenty of things to eat at a & J and joe's, and many things at sichuan jin river, while on the other hand in my limited search i haven't yet found a vietnamese place where i can eat much (so if you know of one please tell me!).

sandynva, would you be interested in me arranging a dr.com all-vegetarian dinner meetup?

I'll go ahead and state the rules and say that dairy, eggs, and cheese will be fine, but that the restaurant chosen will also offer vegan dishes.

Vegetarians get short shrift in this world, so let's do our part to put an end to that right now.

Don, I'm sorry for the late reply, for some reason I didn't see this until now. a vegetarian meetup is a great idea, and it'd be awesome to do this, especially maybe at a place that either has a ton of veg options that we can all sample or a place that traditionally isn't that veg-friendly but maybe could be persuaded by a large group of vegetarians to offer a few more veg. dishes one night. But i know you've got a ton of stuff going on right now, so if you think you'd like to table this idea for a bit that's totally understandable. 

Don, I'm sorry for the late reply, for some reason I didn't see this until now. a vegetarian meetup is a great idea, and it'd be awesome to do this, especially maybe at a place that either has a ton of veg options that we can all sample or a place that traditionally isn't that veg-friendly but maybe could be persuaded by a large group of vegetarians to offer a few more veg. dishes one night. But i know you've got a ton of stuff going on right now, so if you think you'd like to table this idea for a bit that's totally understandable. 

Why don't you set it up?

I was afraid you'd say that! I can't now because i am really totally slammed, but i could probably do it in a couple months, like in july. 

That could work just fine, and it isn't as much work as you might think.

(What do you think about Woodlands?)