Baltimore Chef Shop - Teaching Kitchen Offering Esoteric Cooking Classes at 807 W. 36th Street in Hampden

Last Saturday, I attended a Vietnamese Street Food Class at Baltimore Chef Shop in the heart of Hampden (passersby were frequently looking in the open windows). The list of classes available is quite large, considering the building is a small converted rowhome with room for about 12 on the first floor and maybe 6-10 in the basement. I can't pretend to know what the market is for this type of thing, but for $65 a head we got to learn how to cook something we wouldn't normally (without grovery shopping or cleaning!), meet other people, and eat a delicious large meal we created with strangers. The instructor and assistance was there to help when we asked questions, but not too overbearing, and encouraged any creative edits we wanted. This may not be something I'd do every week/month, but it was a fun change of pace and let me expand my cooking knowledge. I have a couple other classes I'm eyeing, so we'll see if I can get back.