Foreign Monetary Units - With Exchange Rates (Now, and Historically)

DonRocks

Getting current exchange rates for a world-full of foreign currencies is now just a click away: x.rates.com seems to be about as good as any, although I have no doubt that there are a hundred other websites just as comprehensive if not much more so - this just happens to be the first one I found that serves my purposes.

But that's no fun, is it. Tonight I was looking at an Indian Menu (Huh? You mean Friday nights are supposed to be *fun*?!), and I didn't know what the heck I was looking at. It had completely slipped my mind that the Indian monetary unit was the Rupee (Doh!), and didn't know what "Rs." was, but even if I'd remembered, I still wouldn't have known what the exchange rate was (I suspect there are good iPhone apps for this, too); a quick glance and a couple keystrokes on x.rates.com, and I now know that a buck will get you about 66 Indian Rupees.

There is no point to this thread whatsoever - I'm just hoping something will happen to help me remember what the monetary units are, and to learn what the approximate exchange rates are. Sites like x.rates.com (and again, I'm sure there are hundreds like that one, and that one's not even American) probably have historical time lines too, and are updated via the exchanges, multiple times per day.

Well, it *is* a useful bit of knowledge to have, and a Rava Masala Dosa Combo at this place will set you back less than three bucks during lunch!

Also, John Wayne dodged the draft into World War II because he was boinking Marlene Dietrich, about whom he said she "was the best lay I've ever had." *Ever*, John? You probably had more than your share. Can you really blame him? Well, yes, you can, but we'd all have given it a thought. Or two. Or eight-thousand.

Dilemma: You have the option of spending your time with one of two types of bombshells:

1) The kind that explodes and kills and ruins the lives of you and your buddies lying in a trench.
2) A sultry vixen who treated sex like an Olympic sport and was hell-bent on winning the gold medal.

Honor? Absolutely it comes into play, and we *all* know who to respect, and it's not even a close call, but people often forget where a man's brain is located.

I have absolutely no idea how I got on this topic. Maybe the thought of Dietrich's nail marks on Wayne's back is tangentially related to Deutsch Marks. :)