Sooooooo I travel a lot as an extension of my interests in food, art, and politics. I had wanted to go to Belarus for a long long time and made the jump finally last year. First off go!!! It's a very special place that doesn't get enough attention especially from nature lovers. Not that I am a nature lover BUT it is a very beautiful country that is sorta covered by some of the last forests of its type in Europe. They even have a national park (has a very long hard to write name) that have buffalo that are among the last buffalo in Europe!! So anyway GREAT for nature and even history etc but also interesting for food......

Forget the restaurants YOU NEED TO EAT AT THE MARKETS. The cold cuts and dairy as well as some of the candies are really really good. CANNOT EMPHASIZE THE DAIRY ENOUGH. The dairy products, in my opinion, were among the best I have ever had. The yogurt, sirok candies (hard to describe but online they call it a cheese cake thing which sorta describes it), all really top notch. Also very nice cold cuts particularly the salo!!! NOW I don't usually eat lard on the reg BUT they really know what there doing with it here and its a must try. Also the bread, CANNOT FORGET THE BREAD!!! The dark (rye?) bread with the salo is a winning combo!!! Restaurants were kinda forgettable BUT that dairy I won't ever forget....

Also if you can do a home-stay, at least at my one, they had amazing food. Really top notch meal particularly the stuffed cabbage. I wished I could've eaten more but that meal still remains among my best in the former soviet union and among the most memorable of my travels! If I had been a poster on this website then I would've kept more info on specifics so sorry about that BUT AGAIN GO TO THE MARKETS!!!

17 minutes ago, manolands said:

They even have a national park (has a very long hard to write name)

I think it's Нацыянальны парк "Белавежская пушча."

I would also recommend staying as far to the Northwest as possible. :mellow: