Virginia and Maryland Wine Reviews Forum

[Many (most?) members don't realize that I came to the world of restaurants *from* the world of wines, in which I have nearly 30 years experience. Starting a Virginia and Maryland Wine Reviews Forum, which I would probably place in the Washington, DC Restaurants and Dining section, would be simple, and I could probably cover nearly all wineries in the DMV within a year or so. At this point, my wine palate and my food palate are about equal, and I'll happily review all current portfolios available if people are interested. Obviously, this is not a small task, and I'm going to need folks to express a genuine interest in this in order for me to do it. I'm also going to need the cooperation of wineries to do this - I won't do this as a tourist; I'll only do it as a professional critic (obviously, other than tasting samples, I will not accept anything for free, but I'm not going to pay for tasting samples). I have *always* been dead against numeric scores for wines, restaurants, or anything else that's non-quantifiable, so I'm not sure I can stomach assigning "point scores," but I can easily separate things into categories where you'll clearly know how enthusiastically I recommend something (or not). Let me know your thoughts - like the restaurant threads, our reviews would all be together, instead of me preaching down from the pulpit. I can also review the portfolios of local importers. Samples of my work are available here.]

• Like 3