Summer Concerts 2016 - What's On Your Schedule?

Al Dente

Hello Music Lovers--

What shows are you going to this summer? I'm looking forward to:

I saw Steely Dan in Baltimore last year and it was amazingly good. "Drink your big black cow and get outta here!"

I have lawn tix for all of them, so if anyone else is going, let's sit together and see what's in each other's cooler.

5/29 - Glen David Andrews (NOLA Jazz) at Ram's Head Annapolis

6/12 - Living Colour at Celebrate Fairfax

6/26 - Guns N' Roses at FedEx

6/29 - Whitesnake at The Fillmore Silver Spring

7/10 - Disturbed / Breaking Benjamin / Alter Bridge / Saint Ansonia at Jiffy Lube

7/12 - Steely Dan and Steve Winwood at Jiffy Lube

8/21 - Black Sabbath at Jiffy Lube

9/10 - Glen David Andrews (again) at Rosslyn Jazz Festival

9/11 - Heart/Joan Jett/Cheap Trick at Jiffy Lube

9/30 - Yellow Dubmarine (Reggae-influenced Beatles cover band) at Rockville Town Square

I didn't see Mr Walton, but I had no problem finding a group of groovin' deadheads to hang out with.

Shout out to the police! The nine of you did a great job taking down that menace to society who was smoking some weed in the parking lot!

Just back from Wolf Trap and Paul Simon.  He's playing tomorrow too.  If you can possibly make it, DO!!  Fantastic show.  Amazing band.  Mind blowing talent.

They were listed as sold out shows a couple weeks ago, but I got good seats (Row U, front orchestra) today.

Already Seen:

Dolly Parton,  Kenny Rogers,  Johnathan Coulton, Sting / Peter Gabriel

Coming up:

7/15  Eddie Izzard - national theater

7/22  Bacon Brothers - birchmere

7/28  Tony Bennett - wolf trap (taking Grandma)

7/30  Billy Joel  - Nationals park

9/11 Heart / Joan Jett / Cheap Trick - Jiffy Lube Live  (Hey DanielK)

10/27  Anthony Bourdain - DAR

• Like 1

My horrible trial schedule and then vacation (yay) has made me miss A LOT of shows I would like to have attended so far... Ray LaMontagne, Shakey Graves, Kerfuffle). I am hoping to see Caleb Stine and The Honeydewdrops in Garrett County (and maybe at Gypsy Sally's in DC too, depending) and hope to do Farm Aid in the fall as I really want to see Nathaniel Rateliff and The Night Sweats

2 hours ago, DanielK said:

Great show, but I thought Steve Winwood had the better set.

I agree. I'm really glad I got to see him-- a huge rock music legend! I mean, come on, Spencer Davis Group, Traffic, Blind Faith! I only wish he had played more guitar. 

The crowd was very subdued so I didn't get into Steely Dan as much as I did last year at Pier 6 where the crowd was groovin'.

Weird sidenote- back in the 80's I went to purchase tickets to Steve Winwood (when you actually had to go to a box office to buy them) for my girlfriend and I and bought literally the single last ticket to the show- asked for 2, could only get one. Obviously someone gets the last ticket to any sold out show but it has always struck me as weird.

Upcoming: Buzzcocks at 9:30 in September. I believe one of 5 shows this side of the Atlantic.