Rolling Cooking - Chinese-American with Delivery on Rolling Road in Springfield

I have not yet set foot inside Rolling Cooking (alternate website), but I pass it regularly and I'm hearing good things. From its menu (too long to download and post), it looks a little like a neighborhood Chinese restaurant, but I hear that the dishes are more authentic than Americanized, that Mapo Tofu is on the menu, that the Flaming Lamb is tremendous, and that they deliver. More to follow upon first-hand observation.

I'm not sure what to make of the dual websites. One seems to indicate Bayonne is the location, but both point to the Springfield location.

What Rolling Cooking replaced was a pretty bad Chinese place, maybe as long as 6 months ago....but I only recently noted the funky sign out front.

24 minutes ago, Kibbee Nayee said:

I have not yet set foot inside Rolling Cooking (alternate website), but I pass it regularly and I'm hearing good things. From its menu (too long to download and post), it looks a little like a neighborhood Chinese restaurant, but I hear that the dishes are more authentic than Americanized, that Mapo Tofu is on the menu, that the Flaming Lamb is tremendous, and that they deliver. More to follow upon first-hand observation.

I'm not sure what to make of the dual websites. One seems to indicate Bayonne is the location, but both point to the Springfield location.

What Rolling Cooking replaced was a pretty bad Chinese place, maybe as long as 6 months ago....but I only recently noted the funky sign out front.

Coincidence - I just had a Persian Uber driver who lives in Springfield, and he recommended Afghan Kabob, which is right next door.

Screenshot 2016-05-18 at 18.24.53.png

• Like 1

Looking at their Yelp and other websites, it does look like they do have some full-on Sichuan food. Double cooked pork, cumin beef. I'm interested in the salty pot-stewed duck because, well, I don't even know what that is!

I might have to hit it up this weekend.

ETA: Looking at the characters and doing a little google-fu, it looks like it's actually Nanjing Salted Duck (盐水鸭). Maybe they do Nanjing cuisine like Fairfax's Nanjing Bistro?

• Like 2