University of Maryland Men's Lacrosse (1924, Club Level 1895)

DonRocks

From the wonderful thread, "The Agony of Defeat - The 1973 NCAA Division I Lacrosse Championship Game":

On 3/9/2015 at 3:26 AM, DonRocks said:

The year was 1973, and this superstar of superstars was Frank Urso, perhaps at that time, the greatest college midfielder ever to live. I never saw him play live, but remember him well from the Sports Pages and from TV - he was a University of Maryland legend.

May 27, 2016 - "Maryland Lacrosse is in its Fifth Final Four in Six Years. It's No Longer Enough" by Roman Stubbs on washingtonpost.com

The University of Maryland Men's Lacrosse team has reached the NCAA Finals for the first time since 1975.

May 28, 2016 - "Terps Men Survive Brown in OT To Reach Lacrosse Final" by Roman Stubbs on washingtonpost.com

Well I hope U Md wins today.   They haven't won a national championship since the Urso era in the mid 70's.  They have been close many times though.  I've seen plenty of lax games at College Park so I wish them well. 

On Saturday's game they edged Brown with Brown's best player on the field with a broken foot.  Didn't watch the game.  I understand they used that guy as a decoy most of the game, hovering around the goal.   That player was one of this years best college lax players.

Over the years I've been to some of the Lax final 4's.  If your team is in it, it ends up being a great way to get together with old friends.  These weekends have brought in some very large crowds.

• Like 1